PERSONAL CARE AIDE
How the payment plan works
$200 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration
If student enrolls after deposit deadline: Deposit + 1st payment due at time of registration
If student enrolls after 1st payment deadline: Deposit + 1st payment + 2nd payment due at time of registration
Final day to register is the deadline date for the 2nd payment.
This program has been developed by the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) to establish a uniform training curriculum. Its purpose is to train and teach qualified persons to provide personal care services under Medicaid Waivers. DMAS hopes that this program will assist in recruiting and retaining qualified personal care aides.
DMAS Requirements for Personal Care Aides (PCA) include:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Must be able to read and write in English to the degree necessary to perform the tasks expected
3. Must be able to perform the tasks required
The following content will be taught:
1. The Elderly
2. Personal Care and Rehabilitative Services
3. Home Management
4. Safety and Accident Prevention in the Home
5. Food, Nutrition, and Meal Preparation
6. Documentation Requirements for Medicaid Recipients
HANDS-ON SKILLS TAUGHT AND PRACTICED. INSTRUCTOR DEMONSTRATION AND VIDEO DEMONSTRATION USED. RETURN DEMONSTRATION IS REQUIRED OF EACH STUDENT IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Tuition: $300 / Start with $200.00 down
** Must have access to the internet to complete homework and discussions topics***
White scrub top (the school provides 1 scrub top)
Black scrub Pants